For just one week only, September 16 – 22, the full $1 from every Smile Cookie sold will be donated to local charities, hospitals and community programs across Canada
TORONTO, September 9, 2019 – What’s better than a cookie that tastes good? A cookie that does good! Tim Hortons® annual Smile Cookie campaign is back on September 16, raising money for 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs across Canada.
For one week only, Tim Hortons guests will be able to purchase signature chocolate chunk cookies, decorated with blue eyes and an iconic pink smile for $1, plus applicable taxes. The full $1 from each Smile Cookie sold will be donated by Tim Hortons restaurant owners.
“Tim Hortons is a brand that has been built up town by town and city by city over the last 55 years and this is one of many initiatives that allow us to give back to the communities in which we live and work. Our guests, restaurant owners and their team members feel incredibly proud knowing that the money raised during the campaign directly supports local causes. We are excited for Smile Cookie’s return every September and to be able to support local charities, hospitals and community programs across the country.”
- Mike Hancock, Chief Operating Officer, Tim Hortons
Smile Cookie Campaign Facts
- In 2018, the Smile Cookie campaign raised $7.8 million across Canada
- For over 23 years, we’ve been spreading smiles – the first Smile Cookie was sold in 1996 to help raise funds for the Hamilton Children’s Hospital in Ontario
- The Smile Cookie campaign has grown to become a major fundraising event at Tim Hortons Restaurants
- In 2019, Tim Hortons Restaurant owners are supporting an additional 50 charities than they did in 2018 for a total of 550 local charities, hospitals and community programs through the Smile Cookie campaign
Join the Smile Cookie Conversation
- Use the hashtag #SmileCookie
- Tag or follow us on Instagram @TimHortons
- Tag or follow us on Twitter @TimHortons
- Like us on Facebook Tim Hortons
- Subscribe to us on YouTube @TimHortons
- Visit TimHortons.com/smilecookie for a list of local charities benefiting from the Smile Cookie campaign or to place bulk orders
About Tim Hortons® Canada
In 1964, the first Tim Hortons® restaurant in Hamilton, Ontario opened its doors and Canadians have been ordering Tim Hortons iconic Original Blend coffee, Double-Double™ coffees, Donuts and Timbits® in the years since. Over the last 55 years, Tim Hortons has captured the hearts and taste buds of Canadians. Tim Hortons is Canada’s largest restaurant chain operating in the quick service industry serving over 5 million cups of coffee every day with 80% of Canadians visiting one of nearly 4,000 Tim Hortons in Canada at least once a month. More than a coffee and bake shop, Tim Hortons is part of the Canadian fabric and guests can enjoy hot and cold specialty beverages – including lattes, cappuccinos and espressos, teas and our famous Iced Capps™ – alongside delicious breakfast, sandwiches, wraps, soups and more. Tim Hortons has more than 4,800 restaurants in Canada, the United States and around the world. For more information on Tim Hortons visit TimHortons.com.
For further information or to arrange an interview, please contact: